The # 1 Move to Increase Fitness!
Join Trainer Lindsey as she goes over the number one move to increase your fitness, the burpee!
Burpees can be a difficult move, but Trainer Lindsey has your back. Here are a few modifications to try to work your way into a full burpee:
1. Step Burpee: Place your hands on the ground and step your feet out into a plank position, keeping your core nice and tight, and then return to a full standing position.
2. Hop Burpee: This is very similar to the step burpee, but instead of stepping back into the plank, and then stepping back, you hop in the plank position, and then back. This is basically a full burpee without the pushup.
After working through these two modifications, you're ready for the true burpee. Follow these step by step instructions for the full burpee:
1. Put your hands on the floor
2. Jump your feet out into a plank
3. Go down to a pushup (or just drop down to the floor)
4. Jump your feet back
5. Jump up
Work burpees into your cardio routines and workouts. They will get your heart rate up, work your legs and your glutes, and your upper body. They will increase your fitness level!